We would like to acknowledge the significant contributions of the forerunners of the EdTech initiatives at HKUMed:
- Dr George Tipoe, School of Biomedical Sciences, who has played a key role in the development of AR/VR at HKUMed over the past few years, particularly in the establishment of TechMezz at Yu Chun Keung Medical Library.
- Dr Gordon Wong of Department of Anesthesiology and Dr Elaine Lee of Department of Diagnostic Radiology, who have spearheaded the teaching and application of ultrasonography in the medical curriculum, which has become a regular part of the training for medical students.
- Dr Anderson Tsang, Department of Surgery, who pioneered the practice of telehealth in clinical teaching at HKUMed through his Teaching Innovation Award winning "From Bed-side to Web-side" project.
Special thanks are extended to the following donors for their generous support for the above developments:
- Tam Shiu Charitable Trust in support of ultrasonography teaching in MBBS
- Li Ka Shing Foundation in support of AI in Education at HKUMed