Molecular Chinese Medicine Laboratory
Can we explain the actions of Chinese medicines in a scientific way?
Is the combination of Western and Chinese medicines better and safer?
Major Research Areas
Natural product chemistry and cell signalling:
- Mechanisms underlying the biological effects of medicinal herbs.
- Development of a technology platform (high throughout and high content analysis) for natural products and Traditional Chinese Medicine research.
- Drug discovery − applying a combination of molecular techniques for the purification and identification of bioactive molecules in medicinal herbs.
- Isolation and structure elucidation of biologically active components with therapeutic interest from Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Biology of interferon and cytokines in microbial infections − signalling pathways and gene regulation (e.g., HIV, Mycobacterium and other pathogens).