Can we discover a vaccine or a cure against HIV/AIDS?
Major Research Areas
- HIV/AIDS vaccine and pathogenesis.
- AIDS mucosal vaccine for the prevention of HIV sexual transmission.
- Antigen targeting to dendritic cells as a novel AIDS vaccine design.
- Engineering of recombinant neutralising monoclonal antibodies against HIV/AIDS.
- Novel immunotherapy for the cure of HIV infection.
- Mechanisms underlying HIV pathogenesis with focus on immune regulatory pathways.
- HIV latency in cytomegalovirus infected human stem cells.
- New drug discovery and small molecule microbicide for HIV prevention.
- Understanding the evolution of the HIV epidemic in Hong Kong and in the region.
- Elimination and cure of tumour by active vaccination.
- Vaccine research for other infectious diseases and drug abuse.
Molecular mechanism of Innate Immunity:
Investigation on host-pathogen interaction, specifically the host antiviral responses. Molecular mechanism of host defense signalling pathway in the context of influenza A virus (IAV) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection.
Dr R.K.H. Kok
Tel: 3917 9093
Fax: 3917 9095