Molecular Chinese Medicine Laboratory
Can we explain the actions of Chinese medicine in a scientific way?
Is the combination of Western and Chinese medicine better and safer?
- Natural product chemistry and cell signalling
- Mechanisms underlying the biological effects of medicinal herbs
- Development of technology platform (high throughout and high content analysis) for natural products and traditional Chinese medicine research
- Drug Discovery: Applying a combination of molecular techniques for the purification and identification of bioactive molecules in medicinal herbs
- Isolation and structure elucidation of biologically active components with therapeutic interest from traditional Chinese medicine
- Biology of interferon and cytokines in microbial infections - signalling pathways and gene regulation (e.g. HIV, mycobacterium and other pathogens)
Professor GCF Chan
Tel: (852) 2255 4481