Programme(s) to which this project applies:
|☒ MPhil/PhD||☑ MRes[Med]||☒ URIS|
Objective and Significance:
1. To study the effects of social enrichment on dendritic arborization in the limbic system.
2. To investigate the underlying mechanisms of protein changes in stress resilience and vulnerability using molecular techniques.
Research Plan and Methodology:
1. Animal experiment on social enrichment.
2. Golgi staining for morphological study of dendritic arborization.
3. Protein study (western blotting) in the brain regions of stress-related neurocircuitry.
For more information or to express interest for this project, please email the supervisor or the specified contact point in the project description. Interested candidates are advised to enclose with your email:
Information on the research programme, funding support and admission documentations could be referenced online at the Research Postgraduate Admissions website. General admission enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HKUMed MBBS students interested in the Master of Research in Medicine (MRes[Med]) programme may visit the programme website for more information.
HKUMed UG students interested in the Undergraduate Research Internship Scheme (URIS) may visit the scheme’s website for more information.