The 203rd Congregation


Do I have to register to attend the HKUMed Congregation Session? When will I receive the tickets?
Yes, registration is required to obtain tickets to attend the HKUMed Congregation. Details will be announced by late September.
Can I borrow an academic dress at the Hall on the day of the Congregation Session?
No. The full set of academic dress, including cap, hood and gown can only be borrowed at the University's Gown Room during the stipulated period announced here. Academic dress will not be available for loan at other venues.
Will I be presented the certificate during the HKUMed Congregation Session?
No. Certificates will be available for collection after the Congregation has been held. Details are available here.

For enquiry, please contact Academic Services Office at 2859-2433.
Can I choose not to attend the Congregation?
Yes. Degrees will be conferred on all eligible graduands during the congregation, including those who are in absentia. Attending the Congregation or not will not affect graduands' graduation.
Will there be any "Graduation Ceremonies"?
No. Graduation ceremonies are not official degree conferring occasions. Starting from 2014, each Faculty organises their own Congregation session to officially confer degrees on their graduands.
Do I and my family members need to apply for visit visas to attend the Congregation if I am currently residing out of Hong Kong?
You and your family members may need to apply for a visit visa.

For details, please refer to CEDARS's advice on Question 34 of the "Frequently Asked Questions on Student Visa Matters".