The Faculty aspires to be a global leader in teaching and learning, research and discovery, clinical service and knowledge exchange in the professional domains of medicine, nursing, public health, pharmacy, Chinese medicine and in the biomedical and social sciences that underpin these professions. At the same time, we aim to nurture outstanding students who would go on to serve the people locally, nationally and around the world, thus leading to sustainable social development through better health.
The Faculty endeavours to:
- provide quality, student-centred learning opportunities that develop the intellectual and personal attributes of students to the fullest possible extent, thus enabling them to become competent practitioners and lifelong learners with professionalism, integrity and leadership qualities;
- engage in innovative and impactful research at the frontiers of knowledge, from the cellular to the population levels and with a particular emphasis on translational science;
- deliver superlative clinical service and provide robust clinical governance in all settings that we serve;
- partner with all relevant professional groups, government, civil society organisations and the public at large to protect and promote health and to enhance the provision of health care; and
- become a national, regional and global hub of excellence in the core functions of teaching and learning, research and discovery, clinical service and knowledge exchange.